To install and use Virtual CDU 737 properly follow the steps below:
1. Install VAInterface software. You can download the setup program from our "Downloads" area:
1.1 If you dont have any VAInterface installed you need to download and install las version of VA Interface Lite available.
2. For NGX users, due access control some users need to manually change the file 737NGX_Options.ini usually located on "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/PMDG/PMDG 737 NGX"
2.1 Open the file and check if the text below is present :
2.2. If not present, copy and paste the text above to the end of file and save it.
2.3 Probably, due the access control, you will need to save the file to another place and copy it back.
3. Run your FSX, select your plane, start the flight.
4. Manually run VAInterface software.
5. Windows will probably ask about allowing this software to access the network and receive incoming connections, you need to allow that in order to receive the connection from CDU. If Windows don't ask this or if you have another firewall software please make sure VAInterface is allowed on your firewall list.
6. VAInterface doesn't have an UI, it will be shown only on tray bar. Its icon is VA written inside a square.
6.1 If this icon is black, means VAInterface has not found your FSX. Please check you have latest version of FSX.
6.2 If this icons is blue, means VAInterface has found your FSX.
7. Last step on your computer, please verify and take note of your IP address that will be used for connection.
7.1 If you have VAInterface 2.1.19 or greater you can check the available IPs at VAInterface icon on tray bar. Just hover the mouse over it, the available IPs on your computer will show up.
7.2 Another way to check the IP is running cmd and typing ipconfig.
At your Ipad , Tablet/Smartphone where you have Virtual CDU installed :
8. Download and install the software from:
- Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virtualavionics.vcdu
- App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/virtual-cdu/id634731446?mt=8
9. Verify you have network, wi-fi is up, etc.
10. If you are not sure about your device/PC connectivity a good way to test it is installing any "Ping" sotware from Play Store or App Store and ping your computer IP.
11. Setting up the IP address on the tablet:
11.1.1 Run Virtual CDU 737 e press SETTINGS side key
11.1.2 Select the option to disable display timeout so your tablet won't turn off the screen during flight.
11.1.3 Select the diplay type of your CDU screen, LCD colored with white fonts, or CRT monochromatic with green fonts.
11.1.4 To automatically connect your tablet/Smartphone select optiono "Auto-discovery". Otherwise, let this option unchecked and input IP address of the computer that is running FSX
11.1.5 You can leave the port as 9000 for now.
11.1.6 Go back to CDU 737 screen.
11.2.1 Go to iPAD SETTINGS
11.2.2 Select the option to disable diaplay timeout so your tablet won't turn off the screen during flight.
11.2.3 Select the display type of your CDU screen, LCD colored with white fonts, or CRT monochromatic with green fonts.
11.2.4 Input IP address of the computer that is running FSX
11.2.5 You can leave the port as 9000 for now.
11.2.6 Go back to main screen and launch VCDU 737.
12. OK, now you can start connecting your CDU, press the side key CONNECT, it will connect to your FSX and bring the CDU data.